Summer fruit, I love you. If it were possible, I'd marry you, so we could live together always.
I love simple recipes. They have a way of showcasing the pure, unadulterated natural flavors. My obsession this week: Peaches.
From the fuzzy skin, to the juicy flesh, a ripe peach is Mother Nature's way of showing off. This easy summer recipe I learned while at cooking school in Italy. Four ingredients, very little prep time.
6 ripe peaches
750ml rose wine or cava wine
½ vanilla pod
50g blanched almonds
Sprigs of fresh mint
1. Dip the peaches for a few seconds in boiling water, refresh in cold water.
2. Peel off the skin and cut into slices.
3. Place into a serving bowl.
4. In a saucepan bring the wine, sugar and vanilla pod (split lengthwise) to a boil. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Cool a little and pour over the peaches.
6. Cool completely before placing int the fridge to marinate for a few hours.
7. Decorate with sprigs of mint, blanched almonds.